Though there are several replacement options for missing teeth, many people prefer to opt for Zirconia dental crowns. If you too are toying with the idea of having a tooth replacement but don’t know if you should opt for Zirconia dental crowns, here are some of its advantages that may help you to decide:
- Aesthetic quotient: As compared to traditional porcelain and gold crowns, Zirconia dental crowns have a better aesthetic appeal as they can blend well in the overall smile and bring a natural effect as they are indistinguishable from real teeth.
- Superior strength: Custom milled from Zirconia’s solid blocks and baked at very high temperatures, these crowns are very strong and almost unbreakable.
- Corrosion resistant and bio-compatible: Apart from being resistant to corrosion, such crowns are compatible with human tissues. So, unlike metal crowns that may cause allergies in some cases, Zirconia dental crowns don’t have any such side effects.
- Cost-effective: As compared to porcelain crowns, Zirconia dental crowns are significantly cheaper. Though they are of almost the same price as gold-based metal-porcelain crowns, their benefits make them more pocket friendly than the gold-based ones.
- Offer a better fit: Where not much room is present for a porcelain build-up, Zirconia dental crowns can be used as they offer more strength in less volume. For example, for an already bulky tooth abutment, you can forego a porcelain crown in favor of one made of zirconium-oxide as it would provide better strength, albeit in lesser space. Moreover, since such crowns frames are thinner than metal frames, less tooth removal is required to prepare space for it.
- Less labor-intensive: As compared to metal or porcelain crowns, these crowns require less labor to get fitted.
- Longevity: Unlike porcelain crowns that tend to chip or others which may last for 10 years or even lesser, Zirconia dental crowns have the capability to last a lifetime.
Getting a tooth or two knocked out could make life tough, more so when you can’t find replacements that blend in naturally, are strong, white and translucent, thus letting you flaunt that smile without feeling awkward. However, now you have a choice to opt for Zirconia dental crowns in case you want to cover up for a missing tooth. So, talk to your dentist regarding the problem and ask for his advice in case you would like to have Zirconia dental crowns fitted.