Smiles are the first thing that others notice about you and in order to ensure the perfect smile, it is important to have perfect teeth. Often our teeth are discolored or broken or chipped, which makes us feel less confident about our smiles and our appearance. A simple way to ensure perfect smiles and confidence about your looks is through the use of porcelain veneers. These are thin shells made of porcelain and fixed onto the teeth with the help of a bonding agent. These veneers are essentially used to treat chipped or broken teeth, discoloration of teeth, gaps in teeth as well as other similar problems, which often affect the overall appearance of the person. Here are some of the main advantages of such veneers.
- Extremely durable: Despite being extremely thin shells of porcelain, porcelain veneers are extremely durable and long lasting. In fact, they are more resistant to chipping off than mere bonding, which makes them the preferred way of treating the above mentioned teeth problems.
- Stain resistant: Another advantage of porcelain veneers is that they are stain resistant. This is largely because of the fact that the material used for making these veneers, namely porcelain is a ceramic, which is similar to glass, which in turn allows all stain producing agents to roll off from its surface. So, the next time you feel guilty about over indulging at Starbucks or even with your red wine, you need not worry about stained or discolored teeth.
- Looks natural: The porcelain used in these veneers is similar in appearance to the enamel present in the teeth. It is white, translucent and has the same reaction to light. Under these circumstances, using porcelain veneers ensures that you have teeth that look and appear natural and don’t have a treated or modified appearance.
- Fewer gum problems: Since the material of these veneers, namely porcelain, is extremely slick and smooth, the tissues of the gums usually accept them better and do not have any problems.
- Sturdier than other options: Additionally, porcelain veneers are extremely sturdy, and can handle more beating before actually chipping off. In fact, these are even better than natural teeth in terms of handling such harsh beatings.
So, if you are looking for the perfect solution for your teeth problems, try using porcelain veneers. These are the perfect solutions that ensure natural looking beautiful ‘you’.